Friday, June 12, 2009

Sleepytime Events

It's 4:30 a.m.  I went to sleep less than 5 hours ago. My mind says sleep. But, my body says get up, sweep the floor, and eat a plum. My first arousal from sleep was my normal 2 a.m. bathroom stop followed by a quick cuddle from the dog. Being 35 weeks along, my bladder has taken control of my life. Whether sleeping or driving, I'm never more than an hour away from a pit-stop. Luckily, while sleeping, my body will bribe itself for one extra hour.  That adds up to a two hour break from the restroom. Then, back to sleep.

Two-and-a-half hours later, it's 4:30 a.m. Time for another bathroom break. This time as I settle back into bed, my mind starts to wander off. Little Baby Klausner is kicking away, promoting the idea that going back to sleep will be no easy task. And then the mind wonders... Have I cleaned the floors? Is there  a plum left in the fridge? Have I called my brother this week? Do I think the plum is ripe? Is it too soon to have the baby furniture delivered? MUST EAT PLUM NOW!! After twenty minutes of fighting, here I am, plum in one hand, busily typing away with the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment