Friday, May 29, 2009

Headed Downtown

Good news! At our 33 week sonogram, Little Boy Klausner has turned around. He's now headed downtown which assures a vaginal delivery.
REWRITE:
Bad news! At our 33 week sonogram, Little Boy Klausner has turned around. He's now headed downtown which assures a vaginal delivery. 

Having gone through several major surgeries in my past, adding yet another under my belt seems of little concern. I've gone through the healing and recovery process. And yes, I am even aware that it is totally different when there is a baby depending on you. Still, I just can't seem to get passed the idea of how naturally UNnatural it is to pass something that large from between your legs. Yes, women continue to do it time and again which should make me at ease. But, as pretty much every man out there will agree with me, women are crazy! I mean certifiable, push-yourself-to-the-brink-of-no-return crazy.

I guess this panic stricken thought pattern means only one thing. Reality has finally started to settle in. For the last eight months I've been carrying myself, and a little person within me, all around without processing the idea that after nine months, life continues and expands beyond basic comprehension. So I must congratulate myself for although it may have taken a while, I think with reality comes the "I'm ready" part.


No comments:

Post a Comment