Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day Poem

On Mother's Day, I feel it would only be appropriate to write a poem showing my appreciation for the wonders of pregnancy. 

I'm thankful for my belly that's now on the move,
as my little one dances and gets in a groove.

Also, I'm thankful for having a boy 
but either sex I would surely enjoy.

I'm thankful for my pregnancy being so easy,
although there were days that I was certainly queasy.

And I'm thankful for pants that stretch very wide,
especially as I continue to grow side to side. 

And of course I'm thankful for my husband's coddling.
And shouldn't I be thankful for my graceful waddling?

Let's not forget that I'm thankful for Tums,
and also the wipes that I use on my bum.

Pillows, oh pillows, as I tossed and I turned,
and also my breasts, which always I've yearned. 

So on this special day,
remember, Mothers, what was at bay. 

You groaned and pushed your way through
nine months of expanding you.

Now kiss your little one's toes 
and watch how quickly he grows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment