Friday, May 1, 2009

NEWS FLASH - I WILL!

It was a beautiful sun-filled day and I was ready to take in the weather. Being that when indoors my wardrobe usually consists of sweatpants and my husband's oversized t-shirt, I felt that I should reward my neighborhood by actually getting dressed. I threw open my closet, grabbed a pair of maternity capri pants and stepped in with my first foot. As I switched feet, I lost balance and fell straight back onto my bed. Just another typical moment in Preggo Land. I stood back up, yanked up my pants past my knees, up my thighs, and BAM!! They got stuck around my hips. These spandex-like waist-banded-pants would not get over my hips, let alone my big butt! So I wiggled and I jiggled, but there was no give. I swear I just wore them last week! 

NEWS FLASH - Arrival of third trimester means new symptoms. Most noticeable includes expansion of ass and thighs. Now I can handle not fitting into those stylish pair of jeans, or even my dress pants. But how can I possibly not fit into maternity pants?! Is that even possible? So back to sweats I go.

Once I stepped outside with the dog we began our journey. To walk around my block, it's a simple ten minute stroll. Or so I thought...

On this particular sun-filled day my less then a mile walk around the block suddenly turned into an army training course. How have I never noticed this wild terrain? There are massive hills extending for miles. There is unsteady pavement. And the length seems to have quadrupled. At one point, I was actually begging my dog to drag me down the street. "Please, Puppy, just pull this big butt all the way home?!" 

Finally making it back from the training course, I walked inside completely winded. Pink cheeks, sweaty forehead, and short, quick breathes. I took a clue from my dog and went to the coolest spot in the house; the bathroom floor. There, we both sat, panted, sat, panted, sat, panted.  Right then and there I vowed that for any future pregnancy, I would be at the gym every day prior. I will be in shape. I will take control. I will climb a hill. I will fit into fat pants! I will! I will! I will!

But in the meantime, I just had to see if there was any ice cream left in the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment