Friday, May 22, 2009

32 Week Rant

At 32 weeks, opinions seem to flow right to me. Strangers offer advice, friends offer horror stories, and even sales clerks seem to have an opinion as to my size. Amazingly enough, in one day I was given two extreme examples. While walking my dog, a woman asked if I were carrying twins. Now seriously, I've only gained 18 pounds so far! Only an hour later a stranger asked me how far along I was. After I replied, their eyes bugged out as they proclaimed, "My, you are really small!" Really small?? Then why can't I see my feet?!

So to those opinionated strangers, I say THANK YOU. Thank you for making me question the shape of my body. Thank you for making me neurotic about the growth of my unborn child. Thank you for sharing your unwarranted advice. Oh, and my husband certainly thanks you as well. For he really enjoys me when I'm nervous and stressed. And now I must ask you, why do you think we are not sharing the name we picked? When you meet someone for the first time, would you dare say, "Hello, it's nice to meet you but I don't like your name?" The same courtesy should be applied to babies as well, whether born yet or not.

1 comment:

  1. Smart lady! Whatever the name you choose for your little guy will be just wonderful...and that's all the matters!

    ReplyDelete