Monday, April 6, 2009

Placenta Brain

I can't find my jeans. I know my husband wouldn't take them. Yes, they seem to have walked away. I have placenta brain. 

I lost my slippers. I looked everywhere possible but they were nowhere to be found. I went out and bought new ones, and to my surprise, found the same comfortable pair on sale. Two weeks later I found two pairs of the same slippers in the shoe rack. I have placenta brain. 

A stranger greeted me at the food store. But she wasn't a stranger for she knew my name. She even knew I was having a boy and am due in this summer. I pretended I just couldn't remember her name, but recognized her. But when she told me, no bell was rang. I drew a blank. I have placenta brain. 

While speaking to a friend, I called my husband by the wrong name. No idea why, as I didn't even know anyone with that name. I have placenta brain.

While watching a sad movie, I started crying to the point of hysteria. My husband wasn't sure if I was crying or laughing, as it didn't stop for twenty minutes. The next two days I was in a fog and couldn't focus on anything. I have placenta brain. 

Having a little spare time on my hands, I decided to do something creative. I took out my paint, pencils and sketchbook. I sat down to create a masterpiece. Nothing came out. Thirty minutes later, I decided to do a brainless sudoku puzzle instead. I have placenta brain. 

I took my dog for a walk so she could take some enjoyment in her bowel movement. There she went, and I had nothing with me to scoop the poop. I had to walk all the way home, get a bag, and go for walk number two. I have placenta brain. 


J.K. Definitions:
Placenta Brain - During pregnancy, blood is pulled to the stomach to supplement the fetus with nutrients and blood supply. As this occurs, the blood supply to the brain is diminished. This results in absentminded hapless behavior and confusion for pregnant women. 

1 comment:

  1. You are too much! How I enjoy reading your blogs...just puts a smile on my face...and where is that belly? Isn't kicking just the best? Happy Holidays! Hugs, Jan

    ReplyDelete