Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Nemesis

Dear Blue Nemesis,

I have been expecting you. I truly hoped to pass on your experience, but in heart I knew that you would find me. I've tried to hide from you. But how silly of  me to not realize that you would be the one to be hiding from me! I've followed the advice of others in trying to achieve this. However, you found me. For this I will not be gracious or thankful. For you have scarred me for the rest of my life. 

But, I do thank you for trying to be conspicuous. How kind of you to hide in such a private place. So private, that I did not even know you were there. And of course, I must thank my loving husband for showing me the light as my curves have gotten the best of my vision. 
There you hide, literally below my eyes, yet away form the public world. 

Little blue vein, little blue stretch mark, hidden oh-so-wonderfully under my breast, you have marked your territory. Are you satisfied? 

Truly and Most Sincerely,

A Pregnant Woman Trying to Maintain Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment