Friday, March 6, 2009

Overcome By Pillows

After yet another restless night filled with vivid dreams, I reached out to find my husband as a comfort. But what I found instead was a bit alarming. To my left a fat pillow, to my right two flatter pillows, between my legs a snake-like Snoogle pillow, behind my head, yet another fluffy damn pillow. As I tallied up the feathers, I was surrounded by six pillows. And there next to the heap of feathers lay my husband curled on the end of the king-size bed with one small decorative pillow clutched between his fists. 

I always wondered why so many people felt king-sized beds were necessities. Although children and dogs sometimes sneak into bed, the master bedroom is predominately kept for Mom and Dad. So why is such a large amount of space necessary? For pregnant women! We squirm, we twist, we ache, and we accumulate massive amounts of pillows pushing our husbands to the far end of space. We are told to sleep on our side, supported with pillows, pillows, and more pillows. So as I look over and see my husband falling off of our king-size bed I can only say, "I am carrying your child, and I require space, so deal with it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment