Monday, March 2, 2009

A Broken Eagle Spreading Wide

Today I became a bird, a broken eagle spreading wide, flailing my wings.

The alarm clock rang and I quickly rolled over to slam it off. Having to go to the bathroom (as always), I tried to quickly jet out of bed. I pushed myself up and found myself stuck mid-push. I couldn't get up. I flailed my arms like a bird's broken wings, I kicked my feet in a frenzy, and a good thirty seconds later I was sitting upright. That's when I looked up to see my husband's expression. His half-grin confusion only hinted to how ridiculous I looked. His clumsy wife just got one step worse. Another symptom of pregnancy was discovered. The inability to move from a laying position to an upright position without the support of another human being yanking your weight forward.

Later that day, as we were sitting through a Devil's hockey game, I realized that my knee kept banging into my husband's. I couldn't understand why he kept playing bumper knees with me. When I looked over for an explanation, he again had that half-grin confusion. Twice in one day? This can only mean one thing; There was yet another change happening to my body. I looked down only to discover that I was sitting like a man, spread eagle. I tried to quickly and daintily close my legs. Although I was successful, I suddenly felt like my stomach was being jammed up to my lungs while my belly button was being forced outwards. I let me legs relax and watched as they once again curled themselves outwards to bump either person aside of me. Good-bye lady like sitting, hello comfort stretch!

Today I became a bird, a broken eagle spreading wide, flailing my wings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment