Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Ever Growing Woman

Just yesterday I saw a woman, maybe five feet tall and at nine months pregnant no more than 110 pounds. She was all belly, and absolutely adorable. That's when I realized I wanted to throw my shoe at her.  Not just any shoe, but a spiky stiletto (since I won't be wearing them again any time soon). Women like that set a bad example for the rest of us. Pregnancy does not just mean larger bras and larger bellies! There are also larger ankles, larger thighs, larger butts, larger arms, and larger chins. 

So after this wonderful realization, today I spent over 3 hours trying to close buttons on not just waistlines, but bustlines, as I exchanged my wardrobe with maternity options. Anyone who knows me well knows I am more than happy to upgrade my bra size. A wish come true in filling a cup! But then I realized something rather alarming. Only four months in, I've already gone up in size and gave up the idea of ever going braless again. I've even resigned to wearing bras while at home, which was always my number one no-no. Still, I have 5 months to go plus nursing. And when my own husband actually questions when and if they will ever stop growing, I can only think, "Oh crap! When does the growing stop?" And that's when I remembered reading; Your chest will never again be the same. Goodbye perky boobs, hello pencil eraser nipples! Now don't get me wrong, I am more than willing to give up certain things in exchange for a baby. But I guess I just never realized just how much of your physical shape would be given up not just for nine months, but forever.  So in the meantime if you see me over the next few months and my neckline plunges, please know I am embracing my curves the only way I can - by making YOU embrace them as well!



2 comments:

  1. I am sending you hugs and will give you one next time I see you! LOL

    I love everything about pregnant women, especially their glow!! And FYI my sisters boobs changed for the better, and she looks FABULOUS after two kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you took my advice to start a blog! If anything it will be something you will have forever as a diary of your pregnancy. Thanks for sharing it all with us. I know that i will look forward to reading all the postings! Thanks for going through it first! :) I'm soooooooo excited for you guys I guess this means you really are a grownup now, - so weird. Love you!

    ReplyDelete